Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Chicken Reloaded w/ Corn

Options
Goody
Goody Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Decided to make a second attempt at a whole chicken for the first time since the weekend I got my LBGE back in March. This one turned out much better. I think it actually thawed all the way through this time before going on the egg. I injected the chicken with John Henry's Pecan Marinade and rubbed the outside with EVO and lemon pepper.

Of course this cook was not without its challenges. We had serious rain come through Atlanta last night and it started coming down in sheets right after the chicken went on the egg. No fears though, egg held 350 like a champ for the rest of the cook.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Doing some grouper fillets tonight! Can't wait to see how those turn out. Will post the results.

Comments

• Eggcellent
    Eggcellent Posts: 69
    Options
    I tried a spatchcock chicken a while back and did not have very good luck. I'm hoping to cook a few birds on the vertical roaster soon. I want to cook the Thanksgiving turkey on the egg this year and need the practice.

I'm also looking forward to cooking on the egg for some college football games. And by the way....I liked everything about your post except the "War Eagle"........Go Dawgs! Gotta college football in the south!