Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wabbit

FearlessGrill
FearlessGrill Posts: 695
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As I posted the other day, we were asked to teach a class on smoking at a historical reenactment event last weekend. Someone else was teaching a class on butchering and came up to us with a freshly butchered rabbit, and asked me if I wanted to cook it.

I wasn't really too sure what to do with it, but I put it in indirect at 375 along with a chicken I was cooking, with apple wood for smoke. I had some of my Greek-style rub with me, and I used that for flavor, and topped the sliced meat with some chopped fresh herbs we had with us. I cooked it to 160 internal, let it rest for a couple of minutes, and sliced into small pieces so we could share it with everyone at the event.

I thought this came out pretty good for something I had no idea how to cook. The meat had a nice flavor, was obviously really fresh, and it got a hint of smoke without overpowering it. The rub seemed to work pretty well too.

Full writeup on the cook is available on our blog at http://www.fearlesskitchen.com/2010/05/recipe-simply-smoked-rabbit-guest-post-from-fearless-grill.html

4653370106_b3aa0a5323.jpg

6a00e5502e1c01883401348180b951970c-800wi
Enjoy!

-John