Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin

Options
pressedmeat
pressedmeat Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for a new way to make a tenderloin. Making it tomorrow, and I am drawing a blank on how I should cook it.

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but we don't know what your old way is. Tenderloin is a quick cook, use your favorite rub/marinade and cook direct at 450-500 to internal temp of 140-150.

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I usually keep mine simple. Sometimes just S&P, other times, that plus herbes de Provence (LOVE that stuff!). I've also used Dizzy Dust. Maybe some olive oil. You could also cut slits in it and slip in a few thin slices of garlic. Haven't had a bad one yet.

Some folks stuff it, but I haven't tried that yet. Raised direct at about 375° always works for me. Turn occasionally.

For all I know, you have already tried the above though. You are looking for "new", but you didn't tell us what "old" was.

Good luck.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• pressedmeat
    pressedmeat Posts: 20
    Options
    You're both right....didn't mean to say old way. I was really thinking out loud. I was really looking for a new homemade rub or sauce. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    No problem, tenderloin is easy and good. Use what ever you want on it, just remember that it is very low fat, so does not lend itself to a lo & slo, cook it pretty hot and fast.
    My local dealer is in a Strip Mall. Saturdays he likes to set his egg out front and use the BGE 1/2 stone for frozen biscuits and the grid for tenderloin w/BGE Gourmet rub. They both take about the same amount of time, and he hands the little sandwiches to folks
    in the Mall. He sells a lot of Eggs :woohoo: It is that easy :cheer:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Sir SmokeAlot
    Options
    Steve Rachailen (sp) has several great looking recipes. For whole large pork loin he has a Rosemary Garlic stuffed with a pesto paste. Outstanding but watch the salt. For the smaller tenderloin, he's got one marinated in a mojo that was life changing. See if you can find the recipes on the web if you dont want to buy his book.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    pressed,

Give this a whirl ;)

It's either ZippyLips or Little Stevens idea.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=874776&catid=1

It is outathis World :)