Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Long Time, No Pics

Options
124»

Comments

• Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    i didn't take the film, but i made the gif, baby.

have you had octopus? it's wonderful. not fishy, firm, crisp, not at all rubbery (just don't overcook it). if you have had it and don't like the taste, you get to poo-poo octopus. but if it's just cuz yer girly and squeamish... well. come on. grow a pair. hahahah kidding)
    Options
    last pic looks a tad "fat" and lit like crap. hahaha

if your son can honestly critique his stuff, he'll be fine.

if he thinks it is ALL great or ALL bad, he'll never improve. best thing he can cultivate is the ability to look back and critique his own stuff objectively. i know he's young... all i mean is that he should have a healthy view of his work. neither fawning over it in love with it, or thinking he's horrible.

for me, when i am doing something, i am into it 100% and i think it's the best thing i have ever done. that lasts about a week, at which point i hate it. then a year later i can see it fresh again. you get too close to it to be able to always be objective. but as long as you know that, you won't fall into the trap of never testing yourself or improving
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Haven't wanted octopus since I saw 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea! :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    should I say it... yes/no .. yes/no.... yes

so your saying you missed the money shot? :woohoo:
    Kent Madison MS
  • Grumps
    Grumps Posts: 186
    Options
    Wow! Great post. How did you like the sauce? It looks awesome.
  • rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    Options
    Forget the coozies, send me the plated meal instead.
    Options
    sauce was great. kind of made up from a few other recipes. not too sweet, a tiny bit of heat (wanted more). went well with the duck
    Options
    you don't want it now....