Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PP - The Saga....2

Options
AbqEgg'r
AbqEgg'r Posts: 91
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had to start Mr. Pig cooking sooner than I wanted because we had to attend a "Make a Wish" charity event. Bobby Vee* was the entertainment for those who are old enough.[p]3:30pm - Lit fire starter (1st time I've used one)
3:45pm - Tired of watching FS burn. Try to remove what's left with pliers (yeah, I know..DUMB). Thought it burned with a funny smell until I realized it was the hair that used to be on my right hand.
3:55pm - Placed a stone on the rack..Mr. Pig on that in a V-rack & drip pan. Dome closed. Daisy open, bottom full open.
3:55pm - Dome 110 degrees Polder 41
4:25pm - Dome 155 Polder 48
4:55pm - Dome 170 Polder 62 Have to leave - Guess at vent settings.
11:55pm - Dome 230 Polder 140 The BGE is amazing! Closed vent slightly.
5:10am - Dome 210 Polder 149
8:10am - Dome 210 Polder 159[p]Even having read about it, I'm amazed at how the BGE holds temperature. 16 hours and it's just humming along. I'd never try this with any other type of grill or smoker.[p]I estimated 14-18 hours to completion (7lb butt). I'm now coming up on 17 hours and the polder says 162. Is it broke?? New guy panic setting in <GGG>. At this rate it will be a 26 hour butt. It really is hard to fight the urge to OPEN the lid and look (I won't)![p]If you're really brave and don't mind the flavor of burned hair, dinner should be about 3. Wish I had a digital camera.[p]TR[p]* (Like a)Rubber Ball
Night has a 1000 eyes
and many, many, more

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    AbqEgg'r, your PP sounds sounds great. It's going to plateau at that 160 marks and when it starts risinfg again it will go right up to the desired 200 degree mark. If needed, you could increase the dome to the 250 degree range. I have always planned on about 20 hours. [p]