Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A recipe & my May Giveaway: $25 Sam's Card

NibbleMeThis
NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last month Pattikake won a Grillmates sampler pack from Lawrys/McCormicks.

This month, Sam's Club is sponsoring my giveaway. They are giving one winner a $25 gift card. Stop by THIS POST and leave a comment to enter. Drawing is on Monday.

Here's a quick and new recipe that is perfect on an Egg. My Beef Fajita Roll Ups.

DSC_0250resized.jpg

Fajita Beef Roll Ups
Source: Nibble Me This

4 slices milanesa style sliced beef
1/2 cup Fajita marinade
5 ounces Mexican chorizo sausage (that is about 1 link if using Johnsonville brand)
1/2 cup long grain rice
1/2 ea jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
1/2 ea mini sweet red bell pepper, seeded and diced (could sub about 1 ounce of red bell pepper)
1/2 cup cheese, shredded (I used colby-jack but you could use a variety of cheeses)

Marinade the beef in the marinade for one hour. Being so thin, it won't take long for the marinade to penetrate the slices.

Remove the casing from the sausage, crumble and brown over medium heat.

Remove the meat to a collander but keep it's glorious red oil in the pan. Saute the jalapeno and sweet bell peppers for about 1 minute. Add the rice and toss around, coating with oil. You should get a nice orange coating on the rice.

Cook for a minute or two when you should start to smell the rice give off a nutty aroma. Add water or broth and cook according to directions.

Stir the sausage into the cooked rice. Then stir the cheese in as well. The heat of the cooked rice should melt the cheese and make the rice a bit "sticky". Allow to cool, covered for a few minutes because you want it cool enough to handle and you DON'T want it to start cooking the meat.

Remove the steak from the marinade and cut the slices of steak in half.

Place a spoonful of the chorizo/rice mixture on each piece and form the rice into a "log" about the width of the slice of meat.

DSC_0224resized.jpg

Roll up the beef and spear with a toothpick to hold it in place.

DSC_0228resized.jpg

Preheat your Egg to 350-400f, use cast iron grate if available. Place the roll ups over direct heat for one minute.

Flip the and cook for one minute.

DSC_0244resized-2.jpg

That's it, you're done. These are great as appetizers or as a main course.
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This