Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First ribs a disaster! Help please!

Options
2»

Comments

• Swoop
    Swoop Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow that's a lot of information, it'll probably take me at least a day to go through it all. :)

Just to let everyone know, the ribs were definitely not undercooked, just kind of tough. The 1 thing I'm noticing most is that I shouldn't boil them, which really surprised me because every cookbook I have, whether it's for ribs in the oven or on the grill says ALWAYS boil them 1st.

Thanks for telling me about the memmbrane. I've been doing ribs for years & I'd never even HEARD of doing that. Can't believe none of my old books never mentioned that.

Some of you said try different woods. I live in Scottsdale & pretty much everyone here has a grapefruit or orange tree in their back yards, so I thought I'd try what we have here locally.

Thanks for the help everyone!

I have a friend coming in next week from Philadelphia, & I can't wait to give the pork ribs another shot while he's here.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Good luck with it Swoop and welcome to the forum.

Lots of kidding around here but some real good folks, as all Q-folks are, that will jump in with help whenever anyone needs it.