Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cruezn - e-mail reply

Options
skihorn
skihorn Posts: 600
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cruezn: Your e-mail went to my SPAM box and I just now saw it. When I tried to reply I got a failure notice. My e-mail is at the bottom. Just e-mail me directly.

For anyone else: I have gotten e-mails three or four times from Eggheads sending it through the forum. It implies that all I have to do is hit reply. However, every time I do reply I get an error message. I don't know of any other way to do it as it does not give me any other e-mail address.

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

Freddie
skihorn61@yahoo.com
League City, TX

Comments

• Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    No solutions here. I've been wondering the same thing. Copying and pasting the address from the original message never works for me. For example, the email I got from Village Idiot last week said that the sender's email address was Village@yahoo.com. That was incorrect.

I just go back into the forum member list, and email the person through the forum. Inconvenient.
  • skihorn
    Options
    I never see a real e-mail address. What always shows up to me is (in this example) cruezn@eggheadforum.com When I hit reply that is what I get. But as mentioned it does not work.

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • skihorn
    Options
    Ben: Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't sure how to find the member list (but just now did) and sent an e-mail. Hopefully, it works.

Interesting that you actually saw a yahoo address even if it didn't work. I have yet to see anyone's e-mail address. It is always simply their username @ eggheadforum.com

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Ah, right you are. I use Yahoo, and there is an option called "View Full Header." Buried within the gobbledegook is the correct email address.
    Thanks.
  • skihorn
    Options
    Thanks Tweeve and Ben! Using "view full header" appears to have unlocked the e-mail address. I will give that a try. I am very "technology challenged"!

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    If when you hit reply and the address bar contains something relating to....
    WessB@eggheadforum.com

You just need to edit out all the stuff around WessB@yahoo.com including removing both of the < >

I haven't had any problems doing it this way..at least that I know of....and it's much easier than what you described for sure...hope this makes some sense..
  • WessB
    Options
    And for the record..I do not have a yahoo e mail account, that was only meant as an example...
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Wess the problem was that it didn't show a valid email address. The email address shown bounced, even though the < and > were deleted. The true email address that was found using the "view full header" view didn't show up anywhere in the original email, or when "reply" was used. Maybe this problem is unique to Yahoo's mail service. I've gotten emails from people who use hotmail and gmail, which included the original email I sent to them using the forum, and I can see that hotmail and gmail showed my correct email address. Yahoo, however, doesn't.
  • WessB
    Options
    I have no personal experience with yahoo....sorry...it took me a while to figure out I had to what I said, with gmail...could also be that the user sending it may have an incorrect e mail listed in their profile..
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Except then my forum email wouldn't have gotten to them in the first place. I think, rather, that it's a yahoo thing. That skihorn was able to use "view full header" implies he's probably using yahoo too. I'd bet that every forum member who uses yahoo experiences this problem. I'm glad that there is a way around it, though. It was getting pretty aggravating, having to come back into the forum to reply to emails.
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Who knows? Maybe we're short on sleepe.
  • skihorn
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys (and sorry about the extra "e")

Yes, I have Yahoo and I have had this problem with every Egghead who has e-mailed me through the forum (about three or four times). You are correct that it didn't show anything except cruezn@eggheadforum.com Fortunately, the "view full header" did show me the way.

Thanks again!
    Freddie
    League City, TX