Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first tornado

Options
Jeffersonian
Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
edited November -1 in Off Topic
A tornado came through my neighborhood today, though I'm out of town. I've seen pictures at the Post-Dispatch and neighbors say there's no overt damage, but it's gonna be a mess to clean up.

Any others been affected by a twister?

Comments

• pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    So sorry to hear that, hope no one got hurt. Take Care.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I have dodged a bullet a couple times. Glad no one was hurt. Good luck with the clean up.
    Mike
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    We just got home about an hour ago, and it's not too terribly bad. The tornado formed in my back yard and took out several large trees, a couple of which fell around the Egg, but thankfully it's okay. Rest of the house looks intact, too. No one hurt, thank goodness.
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :) what a relief! have been through a couple of hurricanes, but was a yung'un then...Glad everyone is safe B)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Sorry to hear about that. All weekend long I have been wondering if any egg'rs would be affected by those storms.

Best wishes for you and all those that might be affected.

GG
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    Glad to hear everything's not to bad. But still glad it stayed on that side of the river. ;)
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    We rode out Hurricane Ike with its 125 mph winds. We could see through the windows that it was doing a number on the trees around us and watched as it completely demolished the flimsy gazebo we had over the hot tub. From start to finish I'd say we were pounded for at least six hours, two of which were scary as hell.

I can only imagine how scary it must be in a 200 mph tornado, even for a minute, knowing that if it hits your house you could be a goner.

I know people who lost everything in hurricanes, tornados, fires and even illness, but while they carry forever the scars and memories, they survive and go on with their lives.

Glad to hear that you were spared what could have been a lot worse.

Spring "Mother Nature Only Takes Care Of Nature" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I live in Oklahoma so I have seen more than one. I had one drop a block from my house! It is an amazing thing but can also do a lot of damage. Check your roof and get into your attic and make sure you don't have and damage that can't be seen from the outside!
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Thankfully, this was an EF0, the weakest type of tornado, with winds only around 80mph. If it had been any stronger, my house would have had a lot of damage. As it is, we had several trees downed and many neighbors had theirs stripped from their property. We took pics, I'll get them posted soon.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Brad,

Sorry I didn't read this. I honestly thought you had cooked a tournado. Glad to see everything is OK. I talked to my friend in Dogtown and he said things were OK there.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON