Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

two butts

Options
Mañana Mike
Mañana Mike Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Due to some scheduling problems I had to cook two 8 lb. pork butts yesterday. I followed Elder Wards receipe to the letter & they came out perfect. The party isn't until Sunday afternoon so I took them off, wrapped them in foil (took ém off at 198 degrees) & they are sitting in the fridge now. [p]What should I do Sunday? Heat them back up to about 200 inside & then pull them? Just barely heat them & pull them? Heat them up now, pull them, put on the sauce & then re-heat Sunday?[p]I think it will turn out super 'cause these two butts look right-on, but I want to do this last part right.[p]As usual, thanks for the help.[p]Mañana Mike

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Mañana Mike,[p]I would reheat them tomorrow just before you eat. Get them hot enough to pull apart and prep normally.[p]For the next time, it might be easier to pull the pork the day you take them off the cooker, cool, place in bags and reheat later in a microwave or a steamer..... that way you won't have that extra task just before the party.[p]Good Luck!
    John

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    I agree, it's a lot easier to pull after they come off the egg. It also makes reheating easier.[p]I'd warm them a bit (not too hot..?? 100°??) just warm enough to handle, then pull and serve as planned. It may need additional heating before serving, but the microwave or a pan with a little water/apple juice/BBQ sauce in the bottom works nice.[p]Mike in MN

• Mañana Mike
    Options
    Mike in MN,
    As usual I have gotten good advice from my friends at the egg forum. Thanks guys. I will have a great party.