Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Absolute Best Grilled Chicken Ever!

Options
GeorgiaBorn
GeorgiaBorn Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey everyone. Not sure if I got this recipe here or somewhere else, but you have to try this grilled chicken. Actually it's a grilled/smoked chicken that is simply amazing.

Start with a whole chicken. You can cut the bird yourself or buy it cut at the grocery. I chose the latter. Wash all pieces and pat dry. Spray with a little Pam olive oil and season with whatever you like. I used kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.

Get your Egg to 350-375. Place all chicken pieces skin side down on the outer edges of the grill so you don't burn the skin. You are cooking direct. Let it cook for 15 minutes. You are going to get a lot of smoke from the fat that's dripping on the coals. No need for wood chips. This smoke gives an amazing flavor on its own. Turn chicken and pull all pieces to the center of the grill for another 25 minutes maintaining 350-375 degrees.

Take chicken off grill and let rest for about 10 minutes. The skin will be crispy and the chicken will be cooked perfectly with the right amount of smoke. Enjoy!

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Sounds great! Thanks for the post! :) I have trouble getting crispy skin on chicken which is what I like!Mine always turns out like rubber! :(
  • Cooking skin-side down at first really helps. For some reason, this seems to be less volatile in the Egg -- perhaps it's because the Egg holds temps so well.

I find this is much easier to do when I raise the grill from the coals using a Woo2 (I have a medium Egg).
  • Cooking skin-side down at first really helps. For some reason, this seems to be less volatile in the Egg -- perhaps it's because the Egg holds temps so well.

I find this is much easier to do when I raise the grill from the coals using a Woo2 (I have a medium Egg).