Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Morels and Ramps

Options
Hoss's BBQ
Hoss's BBQ Posts: 435
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey everyone first off let me say I am sorry I have been closing at work the last week and I have not been very dillegent on my forum lurking!!! Thanks so much to Loco _Engr about his requests for my fresh morel cream sauce!! Also so much thanks to Wessb and Crimsongator (Gene ) for sending you to my site. My recipe is in the BGE Cookbook thanks to Ray Dr BBQ for giving me the word they wanted a recipe from me. In the original published form on my site it is a ramp cognac cream sauce. Ramps are a pungent! yet wonderful wild green oinion found in the appalachain (sp) mountains. Often when I worked at The Greenbrier resort friends and co workers would bring me wild edibles that they had foraged. Hence fresh Morels at Waldorf and ramps plus fresh Chanterals (sp). The sauce In the book and the website can be interchanged in terms of the use of ramps, morels, chantarels, crimini mushrooms etc. I am so glad to see everyone has enjoyed this recipe and all its variations. Thanks Hoss

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Thank You for having this wonderful recipe available on your website!
    Truly an amazing delight!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Ken, its been 3 years and that is still the best thing I've ever tasted at a fest. -RP
  • Hoss's BBQ
    Hoss's BBQ Posts: 435
    Options
    Thanks Randy that means alot I know you and Kim go to a lot of fests!! Hoss