Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How did you become an Egghead?

Options
2»

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I was searching the internet for smoking forums and happened on the BGE forum, the enthusiasm caused me to buy my first. I have to say that I now have made some of the best friends I have ever had since becoming an Egghead. You people are great!!!!! -RP
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    My wife and I were returning home after delivering our son back to college after some holiday or other. He went to UVA and we always stopped at a little store called Plow and Hearth on our way home to Manassas. One time they had a Mini in the store for about $100 or so. Turns out it didn't have all the internals, but I didn't know that at the time. WAY too much money for that tiny little thing :blush: , but when we got home the internet search started. The morning of Super Bowl Sunday I was at BBQ Galore to get a Medium. Took it home and had ribs at halftime. I had no idea what I was doing, but the Egg did and the ribs weren't bad. Got hooked.
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    Options
    I got into this whole BGE thing almost 3 years ago strickly on the recommendation of a friend. I had never eaten a thing off of an egg until the 2008 Eggtoberfest- where I had pre-purchased a large demo egg. After that day it has been nirvana. :laugh:
    3+ years later I have added a small to the arsenal and have probably "sold" at least 10 eggs based on the cooks I've done for friends and neighbors.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Ted, you mean "2007 Eggtoberfest", right? ;)
    2008 is when Chris cooked all those stuffed burgers my coworker brought.