Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Eggfest Preregistration questions

schmeetex
schmeetex Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would like to go to the Texas Eggfest in two weeks, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to work it into my schedule. So two questions:

Does this "sellout" or will I still be able to register a day or two prior to the event?

Can you simply show up the day of the event and still get in? If so, what are the advantages of preregistering (other than letting the organizers know how many people are coming to the event)?

Thanks,

SchmeeTex

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Pre-registering not only lets the organizers know about how many people to expect. It also lets them know that 'YOU' plan to be there and you 'will' or 'will not' be cooking.

Just knowing this information in advance will help them make up a name badge and possibly a 'goodie bag' for you.

If you just show up you can probably still get in, assuming the crowd hasn't exceeded the fire code limit for a bunch of drunks drinking highly explosive liquids from a perch on a 200' cliff. Then your only recourse would be to wait outside on the chance that a registered guest might have to leave, thereby creating an opening...

Yes, you can probably get in. Eggspecially if you are an Egghead or really, REALLY, want to become an Egghead, then flash large sums of cash with yellow stickers on it saying "Save For An Egg."

See you there.

Spring "Gate Crasher" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA