Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy and His Brisket Pig

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On Saturday morning while at the West Side Market, I was looking for dinner when I can across a small brisket flat of about 1.5 pounds. Naturally, I felt the need to help my butcher out and purchase this obviously too small chunk of meat. At the next stand, while purchasing some pork loin to tomorrows Jerk Pork, my middle son noticed a four bone rack of spare ribs. Again, I felt that it was my place to aid the butcher. The only way to make this meal complete was to grab some sweet corn, so I did.[p]By the time that I got home, I knew that I needed to get the meat cooking. I coated the Ribs in Dizzy Pig Coarse Grind and the Brisket in Cow Lick. I put both pieces of meat side-by-side on a rack in a throwaway aluminum foil pan and fired up the Large BGE. I put a small chunk of hickory, pecan and red oak in the fire and let everything smoke for the better part of six hours. For the most part the temperature was around 300 and that was even with the vents mostly closed. I did not open the egg at all. When the polder hit 202, I took the meat off and loosely covered it in foil for fifteen minutes. At this point the corn was also done and we ate. The neat thing was that ribs were fall off the bone tender, better than I can remember them coming out in a long time. It makes me think that I may have been undercooking my ribs and to low a temperature.[p]The flavor of both Dizzy Pig products next to each other was a great compliment to the flavor of the meat.[p]Yesterday, I put the Pork loins in the Jerk. One was just Eatons and the other was Mrs. Dogs with a splash of Rum and Key Lime Juice. I am already hungry for tomorrow. [p]Happy Monday,
RhumAndJerk[p]