Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2" Thick, Bone in Pork Chop Question

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What do you guys find is the best way to do really thick chops?[p]Hot sear and dwell to ....what..140? Or, any suggestions appreciated. Start the fire in just a few minutes, also in the rain...Grillmeister.[p]Mike

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,[p]I'm right there witch'a ....rain and all!![p]I bathe in Calvados for an hour or so....salt'n pepper..and sear/dwell to 135/140![p]Call me the minute you slap'em on!![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Chubby,
    Muchos, wet gracias! Off and on...off and on...when it's on,...it seems like it's in 2-4 inch spurts. Didn't know SA was in the Tropics.[p]Mike

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    Lawn Ranger, just like a steak and the temp sounds good.[p]Made my first foray into the newly opened local Fresh Market today. Lordy, Lordy, Lordy, can I have fun in there!!! I won't push it too much, but, will say that it is top shelf, the staff friendly and knowledgeable, and they carry their own brand of lump charcoal (even if it is Cowboy brand). Treated myself to a birthday Hereford Ribeye, among other lil ditties to be discussed later.[p]Hard to see all the marbling, but it is there. It is fine streaked, not heavy like grain fed beef.
    fmrib1.jpg[p]This was grilled for 5 minutes per side at 450° with straight Royal Oak Lump.[p]fmrib2.jpg[p]Served with South Beach© Mashed Taters (mashed cauliflower, garlic, s&p, I can't Believe It's Not Butter and fat free half & half), fried green beans (olive oil, vidalia onions, garlic). On the side a nice California Red Zinfandel. I'm stuffed. "IF" I had to go back to work again, this is one place it would be. Check it out if one is near by (the southeast mainly)
    fmrib3.jpg[p]

[ul][li]Meat & Poultry Questions?[/ul]
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Rumrunner,
    Looking at those pictures....was like a religious experience. Are we talking Hereford...as in the cattle....or in the town it was named after(I presume) in the Texas Panhandle?[p]Man! That's Beautiful! [p]Mike

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    Mercy Steve, that's one beautiful ribeye. I just checked the Fresh Market website for store locations and it's a 3 hr. drive to the nearest location for me.[p]You and Woodoggies have the luck when it comes to meat sources.

• Rumrunner
    Options
    BamaBob, sounds like a ROAD TRIP!!!! ;)

• Rumrunner
    Options
    Lawn Ranger, Hereford as in the cattle.