Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer Butt Chicken how many on LG

Options
Saucy Sue
Saucy Sue Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am cooking Beer can chiken tomorrow and have 6 chickens. Do you think they will all fit on my large BGE or should I start up the old Weber? Do I cook them the regular time which is about 1 1/2- 2 hours depending on the internal temp?

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    Saucy Sue,
    I have a rack that holds 8 and have cooked as many of 10 and didn't overload it, unless you have big chickens.
    chicken_002.jpg

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]WOW, that is some chicken cook. I'm impressed to say the least.[p]Chuck
  • Saucy Sue
    Options
    Chef Wil, Oh my god, your chicks are butt side up!! What is a lady to think? I always cook them in the proper sitting up with butts down. Do I do it wrong??

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    Saucy Sue,
    did you hit the bottle 1 day too soon..............LMAO
    those chickens are not drunk and therefore sitting on their butts. What you see is wings and 1/2 necks...OMG.....hehehehe

• Saucy Sue
    Options
    Chef Wil, Oh
    :) You are right. They don't call me Saucy Sue for my bbq sauce( just kidding) I looked at that picture again and you are right. Too funny!! I thought that those necks were the tail. hee hee, my weekend company is here already, and we have started. Tonight it's planked Salmon um um um!!!
    I'm going to do all those chickens on my bge but it will take a 6 pack to do it. Cook I mean!! Well-- Someone's got to drain 1/2 of that beer out of those cans!!!!!

• Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    Saucy Sue,
    I have seen chickens boobie side down. It's supposed to make the breast juicier. FYI --A2B[p][p][p][p]