Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Pastrami-Style Salmon

Options
Chrispy Bob
Chrispy Bob Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
salmon.jpg
<p />Ran across this recipe in the July issue of Cooking Light and thought I would give it a try...BOY is it good..great combination of flavors.
There may be a rub in th emaking here..hint hint Nature Boy :~)[p]1 TB dark brown sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/4-1/2 tsp ground allspice (I used 1/2 the article thought it may be too hot!)
1 1/2 lb. center cut salmon fillet[p]Place salmon on work surface skin side down.
Spritz with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with spice mixture and press into flesh. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 min.[p]Place skin side down on grill coated with cooking spray. Grill for 10 min. or until it flakes easily.
(I grilled for 5 min. seasoned side down and 5 more after turning over. I cooked at 500ºƒ)

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Chrispy Bob,[p]Dang, Bob, that looks fit to eat![p]You might want to try cutting back on the coriander and adding a teaspoon of dill weed.[p]Ken
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Chrispy Bob,[p]Bob, could you do me a favor and look up the fiber, calories, and fat grams for that recipe...? They usually put that stuff at the bottom of the recipe.[p]Sounds yummy,
    Tonia

• Chrispy Bob
    Options
    QBabe, Sounds like a Weight Watcher to me. (me to!!)[p]4 1/2 ounce serving
    230 cal.
    10.5 g fat
    0.6 g fiber
    Tonia - there are only 4 grams of fat in 4 1/2 ounces of salmon. I think there fat value is high! I used cooking spray instead so I know mine was lower.
    I hope you enjoy it. I thought it was very tasty. I also think the rub would work well on chicken or pork.[p]Bob[p]Bob[p]Bob

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Chrispy Bob,[p]Yep...lifetime member who went off track for awhile, but am working on getting back to my goal...[p]Thanks a bunch!
    Tonia
    :~)