Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Experimental Wings happening tomorrow

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was snooping through some old Bon Appetit and came up with Grilled Chicken Drummettes (wings, to us) with Ancho-Cherry Barbecue Sauce. Sounded strangely delish.[p]If I can find dried tart cherries, will make them tomorrow and report back (complete with recipe).

Comments

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]Dried, tart cherries can be found where the raisins and other dry fruit are, in my grocery. If not, try cherry flavored craisins.

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]You're teasing me again.[p]Mike
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Pakak,[p]I'm sure Central Market has them here. They have everything. Sigh. I love that place.[p]Did a wonderful flank steak tonight just sprinkled with that Grilla stuff and cooked hot hot hot quick quick quick. Did a few zucchini on the side. Quick, pretty, and accolades all around. A good night.
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]However it goes, how about posting the recipe? My taste buds are tingling, and I'm envisioning pureeing a (drained) can of pie cherries with a few anchos (or mebbe jalapenos). Shot o' honey, mebbe, and a snort or two of Worcestershire.[p]Ken
  • Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    You've probably got them by now but - the cherry flavored craisins tast VERY close to the same as dried cherries. I found this out doing the fruit stuffed pork loin, aka Mr. Toad's (though I do mine a bit differently). And for those watching pennies, they're about half the cost, if I remember correctly.