Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate Setter using JSlots Rib Recipe

Options
Luder
Luder Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Will a Plate Setter with a drip pan used in the BGE accomplish the same effect as using a pizza stone as in JSlots Technique for Pork Spareribs?

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Yes, it will. In fact the recipe has been updated to indicate using the plate setter. Wise One should have the new recipe in his cookbook that can be downloaded from the Naked Whiz's website.[p]Frosty Ones,
    Jim

• bburd
    bburd Posts: 27
    Options
    JSlot,[p]Okay, just so I am sure I understand this correctly, the plate setter is placed flat side down on the coals below the grate? Thanks.[p]Barbara
  • Unknown
    Options
    bburd, no Barb, if you got the right size PS for your egg it won't go that far down into the egg, it'll sit on top of the fire ring either way you turn it (legs up or legs down)...we still talking plate setters here?

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Chester is correct, Barbara. The plate setter should rest on the fire ring. That's the ring your regular grid sits on. If you remove your regular cooking grid and set the plate setter in it's place with legs facing up, you can then place a foil pan or whatever in between the legs to act as a drip pan and place your cooking grid back on top resting on the plate setter's legs.[p]Welcome to the family![p]Jim[p]
  • bburd
    bburd Posts: 27
    Options
    Chet,
    Yep, plate setter...but understand that I am waiting for my BGE and accessories so had a hard time picturing it. I guess I didn't realize that the plate setter was that large. Thanks for the responses.[p]Barbara