Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

frank

Options
Linda123
Linda123 Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
thanks -- i really enjoyed watching your videos --thanks for all your advice --we cooked on our egg the first time yesterday --the grilled fish was so tasty -- i am so happy to have the forums so i can learn more --i know we will enjoy our egg --the trip to get our plants for the garden was a blessing - due to that is where we bought our BIG EGG - we will try cooking ribs today --hope we can master it well -hugs

Comments

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Linda, I'm glad to hear the fish turned out well. Frank is the fish master here. I've used his recipes and techniques many times.
    As for ribs. I used to get all frazzled but I've come to find they are one of the easiest things to cook.
    Dougineggmonton posted this yesterday and it's a pretty straight forward and easy method. You might want to give it a try.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine. :)

Posted by: Doug in Eggmonton on 2010/04/02 19:38:48

In Reply to: First time baby back ribs? No Sauce/honey? posted by T Sizzle or Fizzle on 2010/04/02 19:09:50

Get the egg to 250 until the smoke is clear. Here you have two choices indirect with the platesetter, or better IMHO raised direct. Rub the ribs with a good non-sweet rub. Put the ribs on and don't look at them for three hours. Then lift them up with tongs in the middle they'll bend some, if almost in half they're done. They probably won't be. If you put them in foil for 1/2 to 1 hour they will tenderize some more. Then back out of the foil sauced or not for another 1/2 to 1 hour to firm up. Makes great ribs.

Anther way, the one I use is rub the ribs put them on indirect or raised direct and cook them until their done by the bend test 4 - 4 1/2 hours or so. Easy peasy and great ribs that way too.