Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Marinating meat with the Foodsaver.

Options
Steve-B
Steve-B Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a couple of questions for all you foodsaver experts. [p]1) Does marinating meat with Foodsaver really work and same time?[p]2) I am wanting to prep meat for shish kabobs. This is what I am thinking, cut the meat in cubes and place in a food saver bag to marinate. Then freeze and seal the raw meat and marinate all in. Or should I marinate the meat then freeze w/o the liquid. [p]What I am trying to do is to have as much ready before the day of the party. Any other suggestions would be great!!![p]Steve-B

Comments

• Martini Mark in PTC
    Options
    Steve-B,
    To #1, yes, IMHO. It also marinates deeply into meats. To #2, I have marinated & vac-sealed & froze & pulled out on grilling day & it works just fine....marinating ahead of time also saves time.

• WilliamH
    WilliamH Posts: 57
    Options
    Steve-B,
    I think it's going to be tough to seal the bag if you marinate first. The liquid is going to want to get sucked into the machine if using the bags. Maybe use a little bit of marinade and put a paper towel near the end on the inside to absorb the liquid before it goes in. The good news is that you don't need much marinade because there is nowhere for it to go except into the meat. Good luck.

• WilliamH
    WilliamH Posts: 57
    Options
    Uh... Nowhere for it to go except into the meat... or into the machine.

• Unknown
    Options
    Steve-B,
    I use a FoodSaver brand square marinating container with a lid; the meat just sucks up the marinate, and no mess. It really works. Great marinated meat in 20 minutes.
    Cheers,
    Gretl