Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bad Week with alcohol

Options
sharhamm
sharhamm Posts: 258
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First I accidently picked up my bottle of 91% alcohol, instead of my soda bottles with water in them, and accidently watered my beautiful 3 year old Rosemary plant, a pineapple sage plant, and my one and only geranium. Flushed them quickly in the sink, but they have shriveled and died.
Yesterday I used 60cc's of it to light my medium egg. Guess what? It didn't light after using about about 20 matches. Must be it loses it's strength after a short period of time. So I resorted to the oil and napkin starter.
I miss my Rosemary plant. Think a glass of wine is in order. Needed to vent. Thanks for listening.
Sharon

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    sorry, but why would you store the alcohol in empty soda bottles?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Sharon, are you sure you didn't try to lite the egg with water? :)

Sorry to hear about your rosemary. I have to buy a new one every year. They won't make it thru the winter here and they die when I bring them inside (and forget to water them).

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• sharhamm
    sharhamm Posts: 258
    Options
    No, it was the alcohol bottle I used on the egg.
    I store my plant water bottles on the floor in soda bottles so that the chlorine disipates. I had the alcohol bottle on the table just above. Was talking to hubby at the time and not paying attention to what I was doing. When the smell finally hit my nose and I yelled. He almost jumped off his chair as I yelled "I just killed my plants".
    I also live in the North and usually you can't winter over Rosemary up here. But I fed it monthly and watered it like it was one of my babies and it was thriving. As soon as the stores up here get their nursery stock in I'll invest in another.
  • CVDSmokeShack
    Options
    Sounds like you have had a bad week; enjoy that glass of wine and get you another! Have a nice weekend!
    Chris
    Jacksonville FL
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Oh Sharon, I'm really sorry. That sucks!! This too shall pass. I think you are right, ease your troubled mind with wine!! Oh, and get to cooking!!
    When I first bought this house I brought with me plants that I'd had over 25 years, about 30 of them. Within a year I lost over half from mold. The aluminum windows were original as well as the the aluminum siding. That hurt. I feel your pain. :(
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    OKC. :woohoo: I'm sure the forum takillme member, will help with that weekend.

Mike
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Bummer - have another glass of wine.