Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

a tip of the cap to carwash mike...

Options
texasAUtiger
texasAUtiger Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
maybe you recall I did ribs 2 different times (my only 2 times on the BGE to that point) using your recipe and reported my results here. The first time I think I pulled them off too soon (my lack of experience there) but the second time I followed the times and temps exactly but the ribs came out with a really overly black crust and tasted accordingly.

Someone suggested I calibrate by dome thermometer---which was only about a month old at the time---but sure enough it was 40 degrees off and I was cooking way too hot!

Well I finally got around to doing cook #3 with the ribs using carwash mike's recipe to the letter and let me say they came out great! The outer skin was a nice reddish-brown (no sauce) instead of the crusty black and the meat was tender and delicious. The smaller rack went about 5 hrs while the larger one went about 5.5 or so.

Thanks and let this be a lesson to others: calibrate your thermometers! (And defer to mike on the rib recipes!)

Thanks, mike!

Comments