Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork internal temp

Options
Kayakjack
Kayakjack Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to do a pork shoulder for a July 4 party. What should the internal meat temp be when I'm done? Some of the stuff I've been reading says 200 degrees, but I'm a little gun shy since the pork loin I did last night was a little dry why eaten at 195 degrees. [p]Is there something about the shoulder that would keep it moist at 200 degrees, or will I dry that out too?[p]Thanks!![p]Jack

Comments

• AZ Geoff
    AZ Geoff Posts: 66
    Options
    Kayakjack,
    I am a beginner, but I have done 3 pulled porks - cooked them all to 200 degrees, and they were great!!!
    Good luck!![p]Az Geoff

• Unknown
    Options
    Kayakjack,[p]There is some difference between a pork LOIN and a shoulder or pork butt. I think you would like the pork loin better if you pull it off the cooker around 140-145 degrees. [p]Your shoulder has much more internal fat than your loin and should be taken up to about 195-205 internal for best pulling results. If you plan to slice, pull it around 170 degrees. It will still have a lot of fat but the flavor will be wonderful. [p]Dave

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    Old Dave has the number on a loin. 140-145 is it. You'll just love it.[p]Mick