Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Replacement Firebox arrived

Options
BeerMike
BeerMike Posts: 317
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know the new firebox has been mentioned here, but I thought I would post some pictures anyway.

When I opened the box from the Mothership, at first I thought it was broken. Check out the great packing job. Then realized it's the new design.
P1020847.jpg

Here are some pictures after unpacking it.
P1020848.jpg
P1020849.jpg

Cheers,

BeerMike
I think it's time for another beer!
BGEing since 2003
2 Large BGEs 
Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
Living the dream in Wisconsin

Comments

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Geez!!!! I can't believe it cracked perfectly down the center like that! Better call and get another. :whistle:
  • BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    This is the third perfectly cracked one the Mothership has sent to me. I can't figure this out! :laugh:
    I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • Willie Lump Lump
    Options
    I picked up my replacement firebox last week and it was the old style without the slot. I didn't have any special expectation and the original went a couple of years so I'm not to concerned.
    Thought I should mention it so someone doesn't get an expectation that thats all thats shipping.
    TTFN WLL