Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large BGE Table w/Concrete top

Options
LCHoodlem
LCHoodlem Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Well, the plans are drawn up the 21in circle has been cut now on to the next phase. The Top will be is 32" x 65" Stained and sealed is in the plan also. All Cedar and an attached Pergola! Yes, that is in the plan! :woohoo:
Big%20Green%20Cart.jpg
I have heard all kinds of opinions on height of Table (top) and the height to the Felt line. Is 32" really the most optimal? I am 6'2" and this is being built for me. More pics soon! Wish me luck! B)

Comments

• Jasper
    Jasper Posts: 378
    Options
    Good luck! Looking forward to the final pics!
  • Memphistide
    Memphistide Posts: 207
    Options
    i am 6'5" and made mine 37"...it is great for me and too tall for everyone else, which does not bother me in the least!
  • pdsw60
    pdsw60 Posts: 6
    Options
    Good luck with the build. Please document and take lots of pictures. I'd like to try it myself.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    I might be too late for replying but I say as a rule that you build for the height your comfortable at. I also say that too tall is worse than too short because of the physical action of reaching out then lifting the lid or maneuvering food in and out or setup changes and cleaning...all can be a strain if the user is not positioned comfortably near and over the ceramic cooker. Safety, comfort... then looks. When you get all three nailed down in that order your going to walk out to your cooker and use it often. Post a pic when your cedar table is done. Have fun!
    Clay (designer/builder) and cooking nut.
  • Primeggister1
    Options
    I am the same height as you and I had to add wheels to my table to increase the height so it felt like working at a countertop in the house and the egg is the right height aswell. 35"-36" is comfortable for me, I make alot of pizzas, I would imagine the table looks great thou.