Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have never tried a beef brisket. Any slow cooking recepies out there would be appreciated.

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Neal P,[p]Briskets are pretty easy to do. I put on my favorite Q rub on the meat the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Thats about it. I cook it indirect, fat side up, over a drip pan full of beer at about 200 degrees. Expect about 2-2.5 hours a pound but dont go strictly by that. Internal temp should be about 190-200 when its done. When you can stick a fork in the thick part of the meat and it turns easily its done.[p]Hope this helps.[p]Troy
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Neal P,
    Sprinter has a grip on it. I cook them at 250 now, over liquid in a drip pan (liquid not necessary) and find it takes close to 2.5 hours a pound. Find a good chunk with about a 1/4 inch minimum fat cap. Coat it heavy with your favorite rub (JJs is always great), or slather it with good ol frenches mustard, then put the rub on. If you can wrap it and let it sit overnight with the rub, there are potential added flavor benefits.[p]Smoke heavy at the beginning...it will absorb plenty of smoke flavor. Oak, Pecan, Mesquite are all good woods.[p]Be patient, and try your fork test at 185-190 internal. Sometimes they are done then. Sometimes they are most tender at 200. As long as you have a fat cap, and go low and slow, you are in for a big treat.[p]Happy chunk-o-chest!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • sprinter
    Options
    Neal P,[p]Briskets are pretty easy to do. I put on my favorite Q rub on the meat the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Thats about it. I cook it indirect, fat side up, over a drip pan full of beer at about 200 degrees. Expect about 2-2.5 hours a pound but dont go strictly by that. Internal temp should be about 190-200 when its done. When you can stick a fork in the thick part of the meat and it turns easily its done.[p]Hope this helps.[p]Troy
  • sprinter
    Options
    sprinter,[p]Where the *&^#@!^ did this come from? I only posted the message once. Really wierd stuff here.[p]Troy
  • Nu-Guy
    Nu-Guy Posts: 136
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Does it do any good to rub the side that has the fat cap? Do the spices penitrate the fat?
    Thanks much!

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Nu-Guy,
    Place the rub all over the brisket. The spices will permeate throughout the meat and the fat will act as an medium for the rub.