Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pulled pork

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If you would be so kind..I just got my Lg egg..have done filet..roasting a chickin as I write this..My sons 4th B-day will have around 20 at the house..I need a step by step fool proof method for doing my favorite..pulled pork...like in N Carolina..how much do I need ect....Thanks in advance

Comments

• BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Options
  • Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    The bad thing about that page is the links are broken so the procedure is incomplete. There should be four parts. The complete proceure can be found in the BGE Recipe Book, compiled by Bill Wise. Naked whiz has it available for download on his site. Also, wasn't it just posted within the last few days? Seems like it.
  • BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Options
    Pakak,[p]That's what I get for being in a hurry and posting a link without following it to see if it works...(it's still the best primer for pulled pork)[p]Guess I shoulda just checked TNW's site first...if it's about ceramic cooking, it's on there somewhere. ;-)[p]OK, Biggy M, let's try this again!
    (yes, it *was* just posted yesterday, I believe)[p]

[ul][li]Elder Ward's Pulled Pork @ TNW Website[/ul]
  • LasVegasMac
    LasVegasMac Posts: 183
    Options
    Biggy M, glad you got green! Not to be on the negative side but have you tried the low and slow cooks before - other smoker types, perhaps? The reason I ask is that a low and slow takes some getting used to the temp control on the Egg. I know it did for me, lots of others as well.
    I was just thinking that maybe you should "practice" a few times before "advertising to the public". Again, not trying to discourage the attempt, just that, well, low and slow cooks are a different animal to deal with.[p]Cooking for the kids birthday is a gas....good luck.[p]LVM