Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

East coast Coney Dog style buns at Kroger?

Options
2»

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Michelle, that would be wonderful! Are you going to OKC?
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    We don't know yet - our motorhome is in Nacogdoches being repaired. The storage facility roof collapsed on it during last month's snowstorm. With 3 dogs we prefer to travel by RV and bring them with us, rather than pay for both boarding and a hotel.
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • hornhonk
    Options
    I hope it gets fixed soon. ;)
  • mkc
    Options
    First test, reporting in

(note there's a slight error in the recipe on the blog - she calls for a packet of yeast, about 1 teaspoon. A packet is 2 1/4 teaspoons).

Spot-on flavor, nice dinner roll texture, not light enough even though I let it raise twice as long as called for. Also, 1/2 recipe is not quite enough dough for the bun pan. The buns came out a little small.

More experimentation later this week or next weekend....

-M
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • hornhonk
    Options
    Michelle, would you like to have my pan? Maybe it will help in your experimentation. 214-785-9102. I'd be happy to give it to you. ;)
  • mkc
    Options
    Steve,

Wow - generous offer! But wouldn't you want to hang on to your pan in hopes I find a good recipe so we both can have real split-top frank rolls?

Michelle

P.S. I'll be checking the new Kroger on Teasley in Denton tomorrow, too.... At least Central Market stocks Scrapple......
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • hornhonk
    Options
    Good point, Michelle :laugh: Scrapple? You must be from Philly!
  • mkc
    Options
    hornhonk wrote:
    Scrapple? You must be from Philly!

Born in Passaic, NJ, raised in Mahopac, NY.

DH introduced me to scrapple. He was raised in Oceanside, NY during the school year and Rangeley, ME in the summers.

Nothing like crispy, browned scrapple with a drizzle of real maple (grade B ) syrup for breakfast.....

I introduced him to fresh (not smoked) kielbasa and potato and farmer cheese pierogies....

-M
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • hornhonk
    Options
    I can't find grade B maple syrup,either :( Oh, I like your taste in food :laugh: