Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back Ribs Results W/7 Pics

Options
fiver29
fiver29 Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry for the number of pics. I figured since this is a continuation of my post from yesterday I should pick up where I left off. I decided to skip the mustard and went directly into the cook. So here are the ribs this morning when I unwrapped them just before carrying them outside to the grill. The plan is to do the 3-1-1 method.[p]ribs6.jpg[p]And here they are moments later on the grill. Dome temp is steady at 250* with an inverted plate setter, then grate, then the ribs in the rack. A hickory chunk provided the wonderful blue smoke.[p]ribs7.jpg[p]Here they are just out of the foil at the end of hour 4. You can see the meat pulling off the bone in this pic. They were very tender at this point.[p]ribs8.jpg[p]Here I am about a half hour later saucing them up. I believe I made GFW's BBQ sauce. Great stuff.[p]ribs9.jpg[p]Completely sauced:[p]ribs10.jpg[p]Here they are when I pulled them off and onto the plate they went. Yummy![p]ribs11.jpg[p]Ribs, corn-on-the-cob, salads, etc and this was a great Memorial Day feast! The ribs were moist, tender, and fall off the bone. I can't wait to cook the next batch. Its a lot of fun. Cheers![p]ribs12.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    fiver29,
    Nice job! They look wonderful. My mouth is watering. [p]It's rained here off and on all day. Needless to say, there has been no enthusiasm to do anything...all day. Maybe we'll go out and have ribs tonight....[p]Thanks for the posting.[p]Mike in MN

• Unknown
    Options
    fiver29, I'm wondering...are you cooking on an egg or some other brand. Because your cooker is BLUE in every picture on my puter![p]hehehe[p]Hugh Jass
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Hugh Jass,
    There were some blue eggs produced.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    Hugh Jass,[p]You are correct, sir! Its a big blue egg. Shoot me an email if you have any questions.[p]John
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Unknown
    Options
    fiver29, I did not know they ever made blue eggs. I just figured your color balance was wrong on your digital and was having a little fun with you. Like they say, "live and learn"![p]Hugh Jass