Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

11.4 pound brisket

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just picked up a 11.4 pound brisket from the butcher, to cook this weekend. Anybody have a great brisket recipe...I was looking at the recepie on the Dizzy Pig website? Thanks

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Dang Good, not really much to tell on doing a good brisket...key points to remember is 1)- do it indirect ie. use a drip pan or drip pan and plate setter, 2)- cook it lo n slo 225 to 250 to an internal of 190 to 200, and 3)- be patient, as it will proly take about 12 hrs...I'm sure the D.P. site told you how to get really fancy and trim it up first so as to look better in the end but that won't make it taste better if you leave that step out...I am a bit different in that, I trim all the fat off and most like to leave the majority of it on, but mine are great and I wouldn't do em that way if they were dried out too much. I guess it's just the BGE that makes it turn out so well.

• Roundman
    Roundman Posts: 43
    Options
    Chet,
    I trim the fat off mine and it is not dry it is very tender. I also try for internal temp of 190 Plus a few degrees. I cooked a six or seven pound brisket last night and it took 10 hours turned out great.[p]Roundman