Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smugmug test...no more photobucket for me!

WokOnMedium
WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Photobucket burned me really really bad today, so I'm gonna try this: I've had some stuff at smugmug for a couple years, and never thought to try it here. Since I caught a virus at photobucket today, I think I'll try this to see if it'll work for future posts.

http://wokonmedium.smugmug.com/Photography/Isaacson-Photography/Ash-Project-copy/336939246_NtUuQ-M.jpg

Comments

• WokOnMedium
    doesn't post my pic, gotta find something else.
  • WokOnMedium
    how about this?

336939246_NtUuQ-S.jpg
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    That one worked
  • WokOnMedium
    Thanks man! I am done with photobucket! It took Plumchoice an hour and a half to get rid of the crap I caught there.

I think I get to meet you in a week and 6 days!!!!!!
  • FlaPoolman
    haven't had any problems with the Mac. You get in Thursday or Friday?
  • WokOnMedium
    It'll be Friday. Driving in from North Carolina. Hopefully mid afternoon. You might be fishing then.
  • FlaPoolman
    I'll be around. Looking forward to meeting you Staci.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i caught something like the one everyone is talking about. i never did get rid of it i went and got a new computer a notebook. it was a buy one get one free at verizon. i got a notebook and a blackberry for $150ish.. it came with a norton antivirus. then they started giving me a countdown till it ran out. well it ran out and i am now running microsoft security essentials on the advice of stripsteak (he kinda knows alot of stuff but don't tell him he will get a big head :ohmy: ). i have not had a problem yet (fingers crossed). and it is free ;)

hope this helps

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• WokOnMedium
    I have used Plumchoice for awhile. The guy says to me, "we need to check the antivirus because sometimes those Malware will embed themselves and screw things up."

I say, "Isn't that the definition of irony?" I thought the antivirus was supposed to prevent those things. Sometimes I realize I just don't get it.
  • BENTE
    i was dumb enough to download a "antimalware" program that had a microsoft emblem (look-alike) that allowed the bs into my computer :ohmy:

i have lost 8800 recepies (yes that is right 8800)!! but i got a guy out of atlanta that is gonna come help me...

but i read alot of reviews and fingers crossed have not had a problem yet

crackedeggfirday009.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• WOW!! Talk about white!!!!
  • When I Googled "Photobucket Virus" I got 2,410,000 hits, so it must be pretty widespread. Mine seems to be working okay though. I use Norton Anti Virus and Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes was suggested by Jay Lee, the computer tech writer at the Houston Chronicle. Seems that both are doing a good job.

Even though I see no evidence of a problem I'm still not going to tempt it so you might not see any images from me until I hear there's an 'all clear.'

Spring "Death To Hackers" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    Bente, I'm cornfused by your picture. It looks like a brand spanking new large BGE. But it looks like it has Nomex gaskets, unless that's the way new felt looks. I didn't think new eggs came with Nomex. Also, the inside of the bottom is all squeaky clean and white, but the inside of the dome is black. How did that happen? The eggmates look weathered. Is this a composite egg?

Nice picture. Uglydog
  • BENTE
    that is what happens when you have to get the base, firebox, and fire ring replaced

crackedeggthurs004.jpg

and it did come with a felt gasket that i ripped off as soon as i got home and replaced it with the nomex ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    so bright i have to wear shades B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I'm with you!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    Bente, thanks for answering the mystery of your egg photo. Next question: did you post that photo from Smugmug? If yes, can you splain the technique you used? I had just gotten semi-comfortable with posting pictures from Photobucket and then this virus/trojan/malware business started, so I guess the smart move is to avoid Photobucket. Just be aware that if you really understand how to post from Smugmug you may be annoited the guru of Smugmug, and will forever be asked to teach the rest of us how it's done.

Uglydog