Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First new post, and first butt.

Options
Cobra
Cobra Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all, i have been watching the forum for several months now since I inherited my dad's large BGE. I have added my 2 cents to 1 or 2 posts since I have been around but never started a new topic. I appreciate the ability to have good reference from everyone here, knowing that it should relate directly to the BGE. In fact I used the forum for reference tonight when pulling an 8.5lb. butt off the egg tonight. It turned out very good, I smothered it in Willinghams seasoning,(highly recommended) and cooked it at 225 for about 10 hours, with a mix of hickory and apple, I pulled it off at 175, because of time constraints, and wrapped it in foil an let it sit for a while before pulling. It pulled relatively easy, but wasn't falling apart by any means. Does cooking to 190ish usually make for more easy pulling?

Thanks again to everybody for the entertainment, and reference material.

Comments