Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs see action in Danville

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
SiteFridayMorn.jpg
<p />Howdy.
Been purty busy, but finally got some pictures sorted through, and I thought some of yall might want to see the eggs in action. It was a lot of fun, and folks had a whole bunch of questions about the eggs. I am sure we convinced 6 or 8 people to take the ceramic plunge into greendom. My favorite was a guy who asked if they were pressure cookers. [p]The grounds were absolutely gorgeous, and we set up inder a huge hickory tree.....very fitting.[p]We got started right away after the meat was inspected on friday.[p]ChrisInjectsPork.jpg[p]We had an awful nice brisket. Kinda tight, but we fit it. We'll be right in line for a Big Green Egg XL!![p]HonkinBrisket.jpg[p]Night time at a BBQ contest is a wild time. Like a little city. A REAL good smelling city!! LOL.[p]OurSiteNite.jpg[p]DanvilleNite!.jpg[p]Mike got the ribs going first thing Saturday.[p]MikeDoesRibs.jpg[p]Taking off the brisket. Dang it was good....but only voted 11th best. :-( [p]MikeChrisRemoveBrisket.jpg[p]Was a fun time, and the eggs ran flawlessly.[p]If anyone out there is within driving distance of Danville, the contest would be worth visiting next May. Pigs in the Park. What a blast.[p]Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Mighty fine ......[p]Puj

• Unknown
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Great pics Chris. Looked like a great place for a contest. Thnx for posting.[p]Rod
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    What are injecting those huge pork butts with? Also, how come you didn't serve squigly wiggly in the misc. category?
    Looken good in the neighborhood.[p]CWM

• Unknown
    Options
    Nature Boy, great pics, thanks for sharing. Just wondering, since the eggs are so heavy and awkward to handle how do you guys transport without breaking. I would assume you have to disassemble and reassemble?????[p]Good luck at your next contest,[p]Van [p]btw...got my order from you today. Great service! Thanks.
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Hugh Jass,
    We just back up the trailer and two guys can easily lift in. We just make sure they are strapped in secure and down the road we go. Takes about 15 or 20 minutes to load/unload all 4 or 5 eggs and set them up. We haven't needed to disasssemble, though the ones toward the back of the trailer tend to bounce up and down more. On this past trip I learned not to put your platesetter in those ones :-(([p]Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    DanvilleScene.jpg
    <p />Thanks Rod. It was well worth the ride. Hell, I would almost do it just for the scenery. [p]Throw in the super people who run it, a well run contest, good teams and good money (well...maybe next year..LOL) and you have a great way to spend a weekend.
    Seeya
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    We have been switching around the injection mixes. Funny thing Mike, I actually thought about entering squid.....for a second anyway! :-) Would have definitely scored in the "uniqueness" category. LOL.
    Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Nice pictures Chris. That looks like a great place for a competition. I think you might be able to do two of those briskets on that XL. I'm still trying to convince the wife that I "need" one of them :-)[p]Chuck
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Chuck,
    No question you need an XL. Just tell the missuz that the time has come, and you need a pappa egg to look after all the others. I am positive she will understand. Maybe I could "photoshop" one into that deck scene of yours, and you could show her how fantastic it would look on your deck. Then it would be a no brainer.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nature Dude,[p]Them be some mighty fine looking pics but I can't help but notice that there doesn't appear to be any beer. Not one. I suspect that this could be okay for some folks but I just couldn't fathom a cook off in a location as lovely as that with out a cold one.[p]And that brisket looks awesome
    Matt.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    MiniRollingRock.jpg
    <p />South O,
    I was a little better this time, and managed to slow the pace of tiltage considerably, but there were a lot more brewskies being thrown down than there were sodas. Somehow the cold cans of Yeungling and PBR ecaped the eyes of the camera this time. You'll have to take my word for it. Cold beer is definitely a contest staple.[p]Back home on Sunday, Qfan and I tilted a few as well. Here is a nice specimen, and an awesome display of a mild flashback on my newly won mini![p]cheers mang
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Looks like a great time! Great pics too![p]Is that a Uhaul trailer you use to haul the eggs? [p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • ToyCollector
    Options
    Attaboy, that's the spirit. I am like you I guess. I drink anything other than Bud. Usually PBR or Milwaukee's best. Rather pay for beer than advertising. I often then go off the wall and get some high end WeissBier (I am German)or dark beer and still come out ahead.