Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

forum display

Options
triehle98
triehle98 Posts: 208
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am running windows vista and my wifes pc is running xp
why are our displays diffenernt
any ideas?

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Logged in they are different??
  • triehle98
    Options
    yep they are different
    if you know what vbulletin software looks like , the xp machine is so much easier to view but the vista machine lists everything in a threaded view , i have to click on every single link to view all the responses on the vista
    i dunno , i wish they were both the same considering the amount of time i have been spending on here in the past 6 months (keep in mind today is the first day i accessed the site from her pc"
  • WessB
    Options
    thats why I why I was trying to ask if you are "logged in" on both machines...you set a profile related to your log in..and if you log in on one and not the other it would be different..if you are logged in from both I'm not sure what would be causing the difference..the "view" is server side...
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Good answer! I vote with you.
  • Petunia
    Petunia Posts: 110
    Options
    We run Firefox on our Windows XP. We each have our own profile for going on the internet. If my profile is up everything works fine. But if my husband's profile is open I run into the same problem you do with having to click on each reply. It also does this for another forum I belong to. Perhaps it is because I signed in on both of the forums while using my profile and having it set up so I am automatically signed in on each while in my profile.
  • mattd
    mattd Posts: 1
    Options
    I was having the same problem! I just joined last week. for me, it seems that the settings in your profile don't affect how the threads show up. When viewing the forum at the top of the page there were links for standard, threaded and flat view. I clicked on flat view and that's what i think you are looking for.
  • WessB
    Options
    That can all be set in your "profile" which stays on the server ( website ) not your computer...decide what view you like and go into your profile and click on "update profile" and set the views, thread preferences and many other preferences to the way you like....