Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

20 racks at one time !!!!

Options

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I don't know, but I do know if you e-mail him. He would be more than happy to help. He is a great guy.

Mike
  • rzrrob
    rzrrob Posts: 162
    Options
    I dont no why the pic is not showing... can any one see it
  • BraveUlysses
    Options
    pic works for me
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    The pic in the link works, but there's no pic in your post.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    From the photo it looks to be about 20 racks standing on edge on the grid set up direct. But there may be a pizza stone or something down in the Egg.

If you let your Egg stabilize at the right temperature for a long time, put your ribs on and leave it alone, the Egg should do a great job of cooking them even direct.

I cook like that sometimes by closing the bottom vent completely and letting any fresh air come in from the top instead of the bottom. It doesn't take much to keep the Egg @ 250° if all the ceramic is heated up and left alone.

I suggest you write to Chef Wil and ask him how he did it. Or I can do it for you.

Spring "Stacked Ribs Cook Too" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • rzrrob
    rzrrob Posts: 162
    Options
    I shot him an email to me it looks like he has the ribs standing on their side,,,so to me I think he took out the FR to drop the grate lower,, and maybe used a plate setter
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I took the liberty of emailing Wil (he's a friend of mine) and asking him about the set-up. Here's what he said:

"You are correct.
    It was direct and closed vent of which I spun the whole pile of ribs a quarter turn every hour."

So now we know.

Spring "Ask And Ye Shall Know" Chicken