Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RE2K Report

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Winding down now. ST just left. The ribs were awesome. Not as juicy and tender as some at E2K, but smokey and flavorful, nonetheless. The wings were beautiful and that with that Anchor Bar sauce you can do no wrong. All we did was coat said wings with BGE Gourmet Seasoning and cook at about 300 for about 45 minutes. Put em all in a bowl and coated with Anchor sauce and let sit with a plate on top for another 10 minutes. Wonderful! Finally, the pork tenderloin smoked out the joint! While the rest of NJ had clear skies, a small part of Piscataway was partly cloudy. The Egg went BALLISTIC with smoke for the full hour the tenderloin was on. I think it was a combination of the fat in the meat, the mass amounts of wood chips we'd added throughout the day, and the bacon in which we wrapped the loin. The results were eggalicious!!! Oh so smokey, juicy, and a wonderful color! The bacon which survived the cooking was some of the most amazingly flavored stuff I'd ever tasted.[p]Finger Lickin' Tom gave the signal for end of cook by showing up with some tequila. One shot of that and I'm pretty much ready for bed.[p]All in all, a good day. I forsee many more mini Eggfests at this apartment this summer. Now all I need to do is rouse some Eggers for the trip to NJ. NB, Spin, Tim M, bd...I know you guys are up for it. Anyone else???[p]Cornfed