Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Vidalia (Sweet) Onion Pie

BillyVBillyV Posts: 16
edited 6:41AM in EggHead Forum
Many thanks to ChefWil for the excellent and easy recipe. My whole family raved about it. It went great with grilled steak.
Thanks again,
Bill in SoCal

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 19,480
    BillyV, try his gumbo recipe. i tried it this weekend with the addition of 3 pounds of shrimp. outstanding. for breakfast the next day pour the leftovers over biscuits for one of the best morning dishes that you will have in a long time. very simple, very good

• BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    BillyV,[p]I'd like to try it; can you point me in the right direction?[p]TIA
    Ken

• GshellGshell Posts: 44
    BillyV,
    We had it this weekend as well, it was great. Thanks for the great recipe.

• BillyV, we had it too and same here, it was outstanding and would go with a lot of stuff...we were going to have the leftover Sun w/grilled shrimp, but couldn't find any worth a toot...(no that's not right, I mean we couldn't find any anywhere except Krogers and they were pre frozen for 14.99 - not me).

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    BlueSmoke,
    We have cooked this one for years and its good and simple.
    Larry

[ul][li]Vidalia Onion Pie[/ul]
    YB,

BlueSmoke,[p]"Fat finners" strike again (above).[p]Thanks, Larry. I try it soon.[p]Ken
  • Chef WilChef Wil Posts: 702
    BillyV,
    I was not the one that posted the onion pie recipe. It may have been YB.