Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The best Burgers I ever made

Options
ToyCollector
ToyCollector Posts: 74
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I decided I would attempt to make a killer burger this weekend and read up on some T-Rex burgers some of you made. I bought some chuck roast and ground my own meat, added a dash of worcestershire sauce and some Obiecue Steakmaker rub. Made patties about 3/4 inch thick, cooked 5 of them on my small at 400*F for about 6-7 minutes each side. They were excellent!!!

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    ToyCollector,
    sounds good.. .around here, we do them direct at around 350, with some lumber in the lump. .. lets em roast more then grill, about 10 minutes per side (for large 3/4 to 1 pounders), and lets em absorb some smoke. . . i mix in a couple tbls of something like ken stone's big chief sauce, then coat well with kosher salt and either dizzy cow lick or ken's witchy red rub. . .they taste so good that we no longer put them on buns or cover them in ketchup, cheese or other stuff. . .you wouldn't put that stuff on a steak, so why put it on great tasting ground beef?. .. at least that's our theory. . ..[p]big honkinburgers, thats what we call them. . ..heeee