Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT Warning

Options
Daddyo
Daddyo Posts: 224
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Think twice before bringing ABTs to a party. I brought some to a Super Bowl party and now, every time I'm invited to a friend's house for ANY reason, people look at me like I've stepped in something if I show up without them.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Daddyo, I know the feeling! OTOH last Tuesday night I spent nearly 4 hours straight from start to finish making 48 "perfect" ABTs...not for anybody but ME as my wife can't handle them...will I just assume that anybody who enjoys them at a party has a clue to what is involved? NO NO NO

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    RRP,[p]I can relate... four hours straight... after several months of making ABTs once a week or so, my lovely wife all of a sudden took notice - "That's a real labor of love, isn't it?" she remarked. Yes, indeed, a labor of love.[p]Chuck
  • Daddyo, hate to show my ignorance, but what exactly does ABT stand for? I know I will feel really dumb when you tell me![p]Thanks,
    Van

• Hugh Jass,[p]I asked the same question multiple times before someone actually answered me. The answer I was given was ABT stands for Atomic Buffalo Turds? [p]
  • zach, damn now I'm sorry I asked![p]Thanks!
    Van

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Daddyo,[p]Just wondering...how do you keep them warm...or do you just let em get cold and everyone is just as happy?[p]Incidentally, I made a batch of 10 or so for a lunch snack today. Got the bottoms a little overdone, so AlexShark curled his lip at them. I inhaled them all wtih a Michelob Ultra. Ah, the joys of working at home! LOL.[p]mShark