Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE newbie brisket help...

JeffHughes
JeffHughes Posts: 100
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bought a large BGE yesterday.[p]First two cooks(chicken and steak) went great. I am very impressed with the temp control and heat retention.[p]I'd like to fire up a brisket today, but my dealer had basicly no accessories, so I've got no rack, second grill or plate setter(I think it is called).[p]Any suggestions?

Comments

• willmw
    willmw Posts: 41
    Jeff Hughes,
    In that position, I'd try to hang some type of drip catcher (foil, pan, etc.) from below the cooking grid with wire and go for a slow cook that way.

• flajoker
    flajoker Posts: 52
    Jeff Hughes, you will need a second grill (like a weber replacement about the same size as the bge grate) 3 fire bricks (might have them at Lowe's) but you can pick them up at the brick yard) and a pan to use for drippings.
    There are several people who have pics of the setup on their site. It is really very simple if you don't have all the bge stuff. The big thing for briskett is low and slow.

• flajoker
    flajoker Posts: 52
    Jeff Hughes,
    Tim M has a great website, shows "how to" cook tons of stuff and set ups.http://www.tm52.com/bge
    Tim Hope you don't mind a put your link here[p]

• JeffHughes
    JeffHughes Posts: 100
    flajoker,[p]Those were my thoughts exactly. My I think I will separate the point from the flat, and I should have plenty of space...[p]Thanks for the above link, very cool site...[p]Jeff