Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Newest hand carved handle my dad has made!!

mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited 6:21PM in EggHead Forum
Wow dad called me tonight saying he had a handle ready! Man was i surprised at what i saw....man when he says pretty much anything can be made into a handle he was not kidding!! Here it is "au natural" Waiting for an answer if the owner wants it painted or not.Sorry for the quality pics were taken with my blackberry.

GetAttachment2aspx.jpg
GetAttachmentaspx.jpg
GetAttachment1aspx.jpg

Comments

• And here I thought you were talking about forum handle? :huh:
    Sure looks nice though!
  • You beat me too it. Guess who's handle that is guys and gals! Yeah baby...Scooby Doo in the house. Mike's Dad is now trying to get me one for Scrappy Doo!

That is awesome Mike!

LJ
  • DiDi Posts: 395
    Your Dad's work is amazing! He is so talented!!!!
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Jim you got mail!! And ya need to let me know if you want scooby doo painted???
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    AMAZING CRAFTSMANSHIP!A truly talented Dad you have there friend! :woohoo: ;)
    Thanks ;)
  • Got it...if you think painted would look better..(well if your dad does...he's doing all the work and has all the talent) :laugh:

Boy - it would look good painted like Scooby Doo!

LJ
    well that is what he was planning on doing if you want it painted!!He will paint it just like the real scooby!!
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    Your dad has a real talent and must have a passion to keep putting these out. Great job
  • Go for it...paint it! Thanks Mike...for a Labatt's beer drinking guy...you ain't a bad guy. :)

LJ
    He loves the challenge and gives him projects at the same time.
    Painted it is and Labatt's beer sucks!! I am a bud light guy and do settle for a coors light !!
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Hoss,

You got that right my friend.

100_0283.jpg
    100_0284.jpg
    100_0294.jpg
    Picture009.jpg
    P1020816.jpg
    Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Ewww, sorry to know that about you Mike. :(
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    What is wrong with a good cold bud??
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Minwax Dark would really be nice on those.
    it is actually going to get painted like the real Scooby then a little stain and varnish.
    Nothing, it's the coors..yuck!! :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    Can't email you via forum. Shoot me an email. I have a quesiton for you. Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    my email is [email protected] B)
    mail call! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    NEAT! ;)I'll bet he could make one that looks EggZACTLY like a stick of .....'Loney!!! :laugh: ;)
    Hey,EASY!!! :(
  • Mike: Great looking work by your Dad. Glad he is feeling better.
    But, I still think the corncob handle he made for me is the best looking one I've seen.
    BTW---- both of the handles he made for me are still looking good, two Chicago winters and they still look like new.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,921
    Yo, Bob...Good to see you posting again! I replied to one of your earlier recent posts in which I wished you and your wife a chance to distance yourselves from all your health problems from 2009. You two had a boat load of stuff thrown your way! What ya been eggin, buddy?
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • RicklesssRicklesss Posts: 391
    Hey Carbonizer,
    You got a photo of that corn cob?
    Love to see it!
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 668
    so cool

mr toad
    In dog Beers - I have had only one !
    been a while since i heard from ya buddy!! glad to hear the handles are still looking good.Hope to see you back on here.
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Wow, Phenominal work! Just awesome!