Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sides. My temp list for sides.

Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Feel free to yes/no or add.
Thanks everyone.
Mike

Cole Slaw
BBQ Baked Beans
French Fries
Sweet Potato Fries
Potato Salad

Remember I only have 24 seats.

Comments

• Sounds like a good start.
    Best of luck to you!

"All you can eat ribs" on Tuesdays???
  • Car Wash Mike
    And have The Pool Boy show up and break me. No way. LOL Tuesday is buy 1 get 1 pulled pork sammie.
    Thanks Clark.

Mike
  • Car Wash Mike
    I have never had corn bread in a BBQ place in KC. Texas Toast, yes. The bread and fries fill the peeps up. Maybe a weekly feature, what do you suggest the meat is?

Mike
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Looks good. Any desserts?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    How about a nice comfort food like mac and cheese?
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Mike,

Glad I didn't have to warn you off about that!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Car Wash Mike
    That was one idea for a weekly, not daily. Thx.

Mike
  • Car Wash Mike
    Free ice cream cups for lunch. Maybe a grilled fruit at dinner time.

Mike
  • I wish you the best in this endeavor. Restaurant business is TOUGH!!!
  •  
    Here is the list from a BBQ chain here in the Southeast. Being diabetic the corn on the cob and green beans, which are cooked with bits of country bacon, are the only ones I can eat if I am being good. Coleslaw depending in how it's made, this one has to much mayo to little flavor. I haven't eaten here since I got my egg but as I recall you get any three with dinner. Back when I could I would have the garlic bread to dip in the BBQ beans, killer. Like many a great recipe, start out with simple high demand items on a small menu and showcase anything you can get from local sources. If you ever watch Gordon Ramsay he can make it work every time. With a total of 12 Michelin Stars to his name he's got it right.

Crinkle Cut French Fries
    Baked Potato
    Sweet Potato
    Macaroni & Cheese
    Garlic Bread
    Corn on the Cob
    Original Recipe Bar-B-Q Beans
    Fresh Made Coleslaw
    Sonny's Southern Green Beans
    Homemade Cornbread

Best of luck,

Gator

• My fav BBQ place locally has a cold bean/corn salad that's pretty good.
  •  
    Hi Clark,

I have worked in a few and don't think it has to be tough. I think if you give the peeps what they want of very good quality for a fair price with quick, clean, courteous service they will beat a path to your door. If you don't have the winning combination it can be hell on earth. Do it right and it can be a fun and rewarding experience. If your in this line of work and not enjoying it, something needs changing.

Just a few thoughts,

Gator

• Car Wash Mike
    I spent over 20 years in the grocery bix, netting 2% on volume. High quality at a fair price, ever changing ideas.

thx Clark.
    You going to OKC?

Mike
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Looks like a good list to me. That's what I would expect going into a bbq joint. Probably wouldn't expect the sweet potato fries but I think thats a great addition. I don't think no cornbread would be a problem. I haven't ate much bbq outside of N. Alabama and South Tenn so I'm use to the list you already have. Seems like all bbq joints down here either have pies for desert or bannana pudding. I think anything you can have already fixed vs. having to cook on order (grilled fruit) would be an ace in the hole. But at the same time that may be another thing that sets you apart from the next guy. Good luck Mike! I look forward to seeing how it goes.
  • Car Wash Mike
    I had fresh corn on cob for a summer idea. Have you ever put RR on corn on the cob?

Mike
  • Car Wash Mike
    When I went to the city for temp approval. The administrator asked me about them. Sweet potato fries, they kind of laughed and he asked me if I would cook one day for the city with them. Listen to your customers. I will be the only one serving them.

Mike
  •  
    Not yet Mike but I bet it is good.

Gator

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    macaroni salad is an easy thing to make ahead. didnt see your full meat menu. we have a sandwich here thats cheap and simple called a chicken barb, its not a bbq sanwich but it sells well here, shredded chicken reheated in a slotted spoon in hot broth for a couple seconds, squeezed with a second spoon to remove liquid, placed on a roll with lettuce and a little mayo. might be something for the less heavy eating crowd.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mike,

I think you might need one "relatively" healthy choice like green beens or grilled romaine with balsamic. I managed a fine dining restaurant for about 6 years and you always have one person that will "complain" about no green vegetable offered. I know it wasn't a BBQ place, but it might convince that one person in the lunch party to go along with the others instead on insist on another place because the "lack" of healthy options. Wish you the best. It's always nice to see someone incorporate their passion into a business. Oh, fried pickles would be an interesting side or app. They sound disgusting, but are great. Best of luck.
  • Car Wash Mike
    I had this same conversation with someone else. I do need to offer something more healthy. A boneless, skinless chicken breast. Maybe the beans or a salad on the side. Thx, I am really eggcited about this.
    A woman did the same to me. :(
    LOL
    Mike
  • Car Wash Mike
    I am still working on the full meat menu. I am going to have a "feature of the day", everyday. Something different than the ordinary.

Mike
  • RedBag
    RedBag Posts: 72
    My favorite bbq joint made killer Brunswick stew.
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    My favorite place make a macaroni that is great. Mostly because you can tell it's fresh home made. not the acidic garbage out of the box. they also have parsley potatoes. warm chunks of buttery potatoes.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I've put PineappleHead on it!AWESOME!!! ;)
  • jonboy
    jonboy Posts: 163
    how about deviled eggs?
    jon
  • I would have to agree wiu Gator bait with the baked potatoe. BBQ joint back home made some of the biggest baked potatoes then topped them with your choice of pulled pork, chopped beef, or homemade smoked sausage. Something else to consider is fried okra. It's a sell out here in Okla. Best Wishes
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Those baked potatoes sell well here, too. Most Texas BBQ joints have them as well as potatoes au gratin and fried okra. Yea, I know K.C. isn't Texas. ;)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Mike for your frys have the type that look like an apple peel. You hook a power drill to an arm and it cuts your potato like a apple peel.
    They fry qucker and better....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cobbler and ice cream

( I know you said sides, but dessert is a side, too :whistle: )