Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

7 Commandments

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This was sent to me by a friend![p]The 7 Commandments Of smoking and Grilling[p]Thou Shalt Not forgo any opportunity to smoke or grill!
Treat every BBQ'n adventure as if it were your last... (God Forbid). [p]Thou Shalt Not Rush!
Patience and timing are what make a great cook and when it comes to "BBQ", "slow" is the key! [p]Thou Shalt Not Harm Thy Children!
Keep the little one's away from the BBQ'in area. A grill can get very very hot and burn them. [p]Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbors Equipment!
If you like to "Q" allot, then make sure you have plenty of coals, wood, kindling and utensils on hand. No one likes to cut lose with their BBQ equipment. [p]Thou Shalt Not Think Of Thyself Only!
Hey, when that wonderful smell floats through the neighborhood, expect some of the neighbors to get rrrrrreal neighborly. Invite them over to share your masterpiece(s). There is nothing better than sharing great food (BBQ) with your friends and neighbors. [p]Thou Shalt Not Cook Too Little!
If there are no leftovers, then you didn't cook enough! Always cook some extra for tomorrow, or in my case, later that night. [p]Thou Shalt Not BBQ Only In Summer!
In the dead of winter, if it's not snowing or raining that day, a BBQ will bring back those memories of summer time. And I don't know about you, but I can't go more than a couple days without somethin' "Q'ed"!