Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Braisied Ribs

CampCook
CampCook Posts: 157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looked for beef short ribs but had to substitute beef rib bones. I seperated them and browned them in a dutch oven on the egg. I started with a plate setter at 350 degrees. I concluded the plate setter was impeding the cook so went direct with the dutch oven on the grate. Then removed beef and browned garlic then added and browned onions. Added some sliced carrots, celery,leeks (whites only) and a bit of tarragon. Returned ribs to mix and added a cup of stock and a cup of cheap red wine. Left uncovered and simmered in 400 degree egg (smoking). At one hour turned ribs and added enough wine to almost cover again. At 2.5 hours meat fully pulled away from bones. Pulled ribs and placed to one end of a platter and spooned veggies onto other end of platter. Served with egg roasrted tomatoes, mashed potatoes and salad. Outstanding