Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brined and Stuffed Pork Chops

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did my first pork chops on the egg this past weekend. The picture doesn't do them justice, because they were really tasty and the pic is kind of boring, LOL![p]pork-chops-stuffed.jpg[p]Made a brine of salt, brown sugar, peppercorns, dry mustard, vinegar and water. Soaked the chops for about 2 hrs. Meanwhile, made the stuffing using crumbled cornbread, golden raisins, dried cherries, chopped apple, ground black pepper, fresh sage from our herb garden, kosher salt and milk. Cooked them direct at around 550° for about 6 minutes a side. I was concerned about drying them out, so I made the fire pretty hot, but next time I think I'd cook them a little less hot for a bit longer, just to keep them from charring as much. I also think I'd add some onion or shallots to the stuffing mix...[p]Tonia
:~)