Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It doesnt matter

Options
tach18k
tach18k Posts: 1,607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok here is my Large Egg, Maybe 8 years old I guess. The point here is it holds 250 dome all day, it will do over nighters with no toys connected. But real important is the pristine gasket and fire box. That gasket has been like that for 6 years, and it is in tip top condition. So you see, it really doesnt matter as long as it works like it was intended.
firebox.jpg

firebox-2.jpg

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!!!! :woohoo: :laugh: B) EGG on,friend!!!Best post I've ever seen!!! :)
  • BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    Love it....
    My 4 year old BGE got an overhaul this weekend. The old parts could have been your twins. Firebox, Fire ring, and fire grate (first time I've seen behind the firebox in months) all got retired. Broke the new ones with a 7 pizza cook.

Still can't figure out what a gasket is :ermm: :whistle: :laugh:
    Kent Madison MS
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Eggcellent post.

Are you the ghost of Egging yet to come?
    I can see mine looking like that in a few years. Im two years in, and my gasket and grate looks similar, but so far the box and ring are whole.

Thanks for sharing your pics and making a very good and much under appreciated point!