Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How can you tell it is spring?

Options
Seth
Seth Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The sure fire way to tell that it is spring is to open up the sports page and see that Ken Griffey JR is injured. Day to day is what they say. Ahhhh, spring is deffinately here. By the way, I smashed some chichen breasts last night, put some ham and swiss in them, rolled them up, seared them on the small for a few minutes at about 550* direct and then let them cook direct at 300 on the large till done. Man that was some good food. Opening day is Monday, unless you count that stuff that happened yesterday over there.
Seth
Go Big Red Machine

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Seth,[p]Gee, I thought it was the morning I revise my Egg-cessories by removing the snow shovel...[p]Ken
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Seth, Hmmmm, I think spring is here when the wife comes back from home depot with $200 of flowers and expects me to plant them on sunday morning!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Seth, spring is here when i catch and release my first salmon, which was last weekend. a nice 7 pounder. hopefully i will catch him again this weekend. 30 feet from my dock, with the smell of a tandori chicken cooking to make it a perfect day. almost didnt see the jerks on the other side throwing empties in the woods. fortunately the guys in blue did.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    Seth,[p]Well, I can tell it's spring because I'm ready to take a couple of hours to find my 'round toit and replace that burned-up felt gasket I destroyed last winter. Been too cold to fix it up to now. Perhaps I'll also wash up the redwood table, reapply the Watco Danish Oil finish, and vacuum out the ash. Come to think of it, I'm going to have to find my BIG 'round toit I seem to have lost last fall...[p]Chuck
  • Dave's Not Here
    Options
    dyke%20-%20the%2012th.jpg
    <p />Seth,
    The Masters is next weekend. Spring is here.[p]Last weekend, I also smashed some chicken breasts, topped them with sautéed mushrooms and shallots, spinach, and blue cheese. Rolled them up, dusted with JJ's rub, and cooked for about 25 minutes direct on a raised grid. Good vittles.[p]Dave[p]

• Daddyo
    Daddyo Posts: 224
    Options
    Dave's Not Here,
    Amen. (Pun intended)

• Seth
    Seth Posts: 79
    Options
    Dave's Not Here,
    That is a beautiful sight, and my new screen saver if it will work!!
    Seth

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Dave's Not Here,
    I live 4 miles from the course and drive by it coming to work...We just need the rain to stay away this year....The last 2 years have been wet.
    Larry