Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sea Scallops

Options
bdavidson
bdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought some extra-huge sea scallops the other day and I'm dying to egg 'em. Anyone have an eggceptional recipe they'd like to suggest to me?

Comments

• Martini Mark in PTC
    Options
    bdavidson,
    I have cooked them indirect, on a grid placed on top of my plate setter. I use my vacuum sealer marinater with some lemon, dill, garlic powder & cracked black pepper. You can even use those marinades in a bottle. I tried the lime/garlic one from Lawry's, I think it was Lawry's, & that worked ok too. Get the egg good-n-hot, 450-500 dome. Put on top of cooking surface, a few minutes each side depending on the thickness/size--don't overcook or they will be rubbery. Cook until you think they are about half done or so & then take them off, because they will cook a bit more when you remove them. Give them a cajun or other similiar dusting ( just a little dash )...wait a few minutes for them to cool off....and enjoy...

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    My basic seafood marinade (which is great for scallops and shrimp) is: fresh lime juice, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, fresh minced garlic. Marinate the scallops for about 30 minutes. Put them on skewers and grill them direct for a few minutes.